Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Opera Cake



This month Daring Bakers' challenge was Opera Cake.

This is my first month with Daring Bakers and I was very excited about my first project.

I made la Joconde a day before and I had no problem with the recipe nor the outcome until I was ready to remove the parchement paper and it started sticking to the cake. After finally removing all the parchement paper I let the joconde cool down.

The next day I made the buttercream then the ganache I decided not to make the glaze because I was running out of time.

In the end I was very pleased with the final outcome.

This was a fun recipe to do can't wait for the next challenge.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from another DB first timer. It was fun, wasn't it?

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

We did it! Huzzah!!!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

ostwestwind said...

Welcome to the Daring Bakers, great looking fist result.

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I skipped on the glaze too ;)) oops.
Welcome to the gang.

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a great job on your cake. Congratulations and welcome to the Daring Bakers.

Natalie @ Gluten a Go Go

silverrock said...

congrats on a successful first DB challenge. Your cake looks delightful

Andrea said...

Great looking cake. It was my debut for the DB as well.

Daphne Joseph said...

Thank you all this was indeed a fun project. I can't wait for the next one.