Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pecan Honey Sticky Buns


This week's was the Pecan Honey Sticky Buns


Since I am not a fan of Pecan I decided to substitute almonds for the pecans.

I had no problems with the dough it was not hard at all the only time consuming thing was waiting for the pieces of butter to completely melt before adding the next two pieces. My dough rose with no problem. After spending the night in the fridge the dough was a little tough but I molded it a little and it was no problem roling it out. I added the sugar and spice and up until now everything was fine. The problem I encounter was after I left the ought to rise in the pan it rose too much and my buns were alittle deformed. Also I think I left them in the oven a little too long but the end result came out to be very good.


Here are a few pictures of my buns.


7 comments:

Jules Someone said...

And what lovely buns they are! I was thinking about using almonds. Now I'll have to try.

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

I like the almond substitution. YUM!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

mimi said...

i bet the almonds tasted great! and don't worry about a not perfectly round roll, they still look terrific!

Engineer Baker said...

Almonds sound delicious, and they look wonderful!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Almonds are a great substitution! Looks great!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Madam Chow said...

Someone else used almonds, too, and I think that sounds fabulous.
Madam Chow
http://www.mzkitchen.com

LyB said...

I think I'm using almonds next time I make them, yours look delicious!