Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bill's Big Carrot Cake



TWD Bill’s Big Carrot Cake chosen by Amanda of slow like honey

This was a fun project since most of my family members loveeeee carrot cake... I don't usually add Shredded coconut and raisins but I decided to follow the recipe as is and boy was the result pleasant. The cake turned out to be very moist just like I love them and also not too sweet. The frosting was actually quite different than what I usually make adding the lemon juice gave the icing an extra pleasant taste. I will definitely add lemon juice to my icings from now on.

11 comments:

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

I'd never tried lemon juice in cream cheese frosting, either, but it was yummy. Nice job!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Di said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the cake. It looks like it turned out great!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i don't usually add coconut either..but it was really good! glad you liked the cake--looks great!

Annemarie said...

Great job!

Gretchen Noelle said...

So glad everyone enjoyed it - even with the add ins. I admit I loved the frosting with the touch of lemon. Delicious!

CB said...

I liked the lemon extract too! Crazy what a difference one ingredient and can make! Great job!
Clara @ I♥food4thought

LyB said...

I agree that the frosting is incredible and the cake also. Your cake looks delicious!

Daphne Joseph said...

Thank you all the cake was a success with my family I will definitely keep this recipe.

Cecilia said...

The lemon juice most definitely made the frosting great. I think I'm going to keep this cream cheese frosting recipe around for a while.

I'm glad you decided to add in the coconut and raisins! I think that's what makes this recipe so unique and yummy.

Jayne said...

Looks your cake was a success! Great job!

Donna said...

It was extra moist wasn't it?
Good job!
Donna